What is a crown?
A crown is a dental restoration designed to entirely encase a damaged tooth, starting at the gum line. Each dental crown is custom designed and crafted to precisely fit your tooth and restore it to its optimal structure, size, and shape. Dental crowns can be created from a number of materials, including gold, porcelain, or porcelain fused to metal. Many of our patients choose porcelain crowns for their aesthetic, natural-looking appearance.
Do I need a crown?
Dental crowns are very versatile and can be used for a number of restorative and cosmetic purposes. Our dentists at Westchester Family Dentistry may suggest a dental crown in Yonkers, New York, to:
- Restore a severely damaged or decayed tooth
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Improve the functionality and beauty of a misshapen tooth
- Strengthen a weakened or fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Enhance the appearance of a tooth that is seriously stained or darkened
- Support a large filling when little original tooth structure remains
Drs. Stan and Amy Shih will carefully evaluate your smile to make certain that a dental crown is the best option for improving your dental health, function, and beauty. To learn more about crowns, and to discover whether a crown is right for your smile, call or visit us today. We look forward to restoring your smile!